The C.M. Russell Museum has embarked on the most ambitious fundraising initiative in its 68 year history, Art and Soul: A Campaign to Ignite the American Spirit. Join us as we advance the Art and Soul of the American West and preserve the western values that Charlie held so dear.
Your gift to the C.M. Russell Museum makes you a critical part of how we together acquire, care, discover, and share the art, culture, and history of the American West.
- By providing 16 galleries of both permanent and short-term exhibitions that create an evolving stage for sharing the history and stories of the American spirit with over 30,000 museum visitors each year.
- By partnering with educators and the community to develop a humanities curriculum that deepens our children’s understanding of the history and culture of the American West.
- By restoring, preserving and interpreting more than 100 years of history represented in the original Russell House and Studio. Our onsite, National Historic Landmark allows visitors to see and feel history come to life in the very place Charles and Nancy Russell built their legacy.
- By ensuring that our Western art community continues to grow, thrive and gain new audiences through The Russell Exhibition and Sale, one of the most prestigious Western art events in the country.
- By improving the research accessibility and discovery of Western art so that curators and historians can develop engaging exhibitions, write books and make films that broaden the reach of Russell’s legacy.
Ways To Give
- Cash: The museum gratefully accepts donations of any dollar amount.
- Securities/Stock: To facilitate a gift of securities the donor (or transferring broker) should contact the museum’s development office directly prior to transfer (406) 604-4745
- Planned Giving: A wonderful way to support the future of the C. M. Russell Museum is to provide for a future gift, either through your estate plan, a life income gift such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust, or through a charitable lead trust.
- Bequests: The most common form of deferred giving is a bequest in a person’s will or revocable (“living”) trust. Bequests are a wonderful way to have an impact beyond your lifetime and to leave a meaningful legacy that will make a difference for many years to come.
- Life Income Gifts: Life income gifts benefit both the museum and the donor. Donors may receive tax and financial benefits by creating a life income gift, such as a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust through which you can receive fixed payments.
- In-kind Goods and Services: A great way for businesses to partner with the museum.
For more information, please contact Campaign Director Cassie Strauss at 406-604-4745, or email@example.com.
Art and Artifacts
Donations of art allow us to grow the museum’s collection, and ensure that these treasures are available for people of all ages to enjoy in perpetuity. While art does go through an acceptance process, these donations are tax deductible at their fair market value.
To donate artwork or artifacts, please contact Brenda Kornick, Collections and Exhibitions Director, at 406-604-4743, or firstname.lastname@example.org. An important consideration for both museum and donor to understand is that donations or bequests of new acquisitions convey to the museum the liability of caring for the donated material. The donation of a collection or even a few works of art, artifacts, or archival materials should be accompanied by a cash contribution to the museum’s operating funds for the care of the donated materials. The museum will expend these funds on providing storage, display space, security, conservation, documentation, curatorial research, and many other costs associated with the addition of donations to the museum’s collections.
The C.M. Russell Museum is a qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and your gifts are deductible within IRS regulations.