The museum offers scheduled Group Tours at a discounted admission rate throughout the year. The tours can be docent-led, if requested in advance, and are tailored to your group’s interests. The focus of the tour can vary from a comprehensive overview of the entire museum collection to an in-depth look at one specific exhibition or body of artworks or objects.
To Schedule a Group Tour:
- Your group must contain at least 10 people (not including the tour operator and bus driver).
- You must make reservations at least two weeks in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking ahead also allows us to schedule your group around other visiting groups if necessary.
- What information should I include in my email?
- What is your preferred date and time?
- How many people are in your group?
- Would you like any particular focus for the tour?
- Would you prefer a self-guided or a docent-led tour?
- When are Group Tours available? Group Tours are available any day the museum is open to the public.
- What does a Group Tour cost?
- The admission rate per person for Group Tours is $13, with complimentary admission for the bus driver and tour operator or chaperones.
- PLEASE NOTE: The group rate is only available to groups who book at least two weeks in advance.
- Method of Payment:
We accept credit cards, checks, or cash upon arrival at the museum’s reception desk.
The museum hosts field trips for day programs, schools, home schools, and other youth organizations throughout the year for students in kindergarten through high school. We can adjust our tours to accommodate the needs of the class and supplement the school curriculum. Tours for qualified school groups are free. We ask that groups schedule their tour at least two weeks in advance.
Q: How do I schedule a School Tour?
A: Please email email@example.com
School Tour Options
- Portrait of Charles M. Russell: This is an introductory museum experience for children/students. The docent-led tour includes an in-depth look at original Russell oils, watercolors, sculptures, and letters, with a visit to the artist’s log studio. If time permits, students can visit the Discovery Gallery, the museum’s hands-on activity center which includes an Indian tipi, barrel horses, dress-up clothes, and other objects for educational exploration.
- Pre-K – Grade 1: 1 hour
Grades 2 – 12: 1.5 hours
- For younger children, we recommend a 30-minute tour with 15 minutes in the Discovery Gallery. Based on your classroom needs, activities can be added if they are requested at the time of booking.
- Temporary Exhibitions: Focused tours for various ages are offered in conjunction with the temporary exhibitions at the museum.
All tours need to be booked at least two weeks in advance. For school groups, the museum asks for one responsible chaperone for every ten students.
Cancellations must be made five business days in advance of the scheduled tour. This enables us to offer the slot to another visiting group and give ample notice to the volunteer tour guide.